Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What the.....BUCK!

Actually it was a doe. A deer. A Female Deer.
This morning Blake walked out the door at 5:15am, I was super out of it as always and didnt hardly hear him tell me goodbye. Then about 15 minutes later i get a call from him.
What the heck? First thing he says is the dreaded...."Dont worry, I'm ok, but....." long pause. "Whats wrong!" i yell as i literally jump out of bed and rush to get my clothes on. "Well i just hit a deer going 60 mph on my way to work."

Just our luck! Thankfully Blake is FINE. Which was my only concern! Our lovely Grand Am is a little mangled. Apparently Blake turned a corner and the deer was standing right in the middle of the road, not much he could do but slam on the brakes as much as he could! The deers head hit his front bumper and then its side slammed into his left headlight and its butt whipped around and hit his door. Blake had to kick his door open to get out! The deer was dead as a door nail so Blake drug it off the road. Thats enough to get your heart going! Luckily our car is still driveable, makes a few choice sounds when you make a turn or hit a large bump, but other than that White Lightening is good to go!

Sheeeeeesh what a way to start off the morning! I just want to tell Blake who cares about our car! Im just glad YOU are okay! Hopefully tomorrow will be a wee bit of a better morning for him =) I'm glad you are A-okay Blake. But I think the other Buck won this time. Good thing it's hunting season. Wipe ya' self off, you dead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love the pun title. Glad to hear Blake is ok. Sorry about your car.

The Buckingham Family said...

Better get one of those deer whistles for the front of your cars....my dear old dad had one on every car...remember?
I don't know if the darn things even work.
GLAD to hear Blake is ok.
He will just have to roll down the window and do a "Dukes of "Hazzard" crawl out the window...dont worry, Blake...it will look cool, pretend you are Bo Duke! : 0
~Nat

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Not exactly the methood we use to hunt deer but way more sucessful then we have been this year.

Mandy said...

Wow, never heard of that kind of hunting. But, that's the first case of Brown Down that I've heard of yet this season! Nice job.

Mandy said...

P.S. Oh wow, that's practically just what Lynly said. Go me.

Kyle and Shanalee said...

oh my gawd you are too much!

Cracking me up Mrs. Wilde!!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones