Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Holy Shitaki.

Holy shitaki. Those were the words flying out of my mouth last night, as we left the Bees Game. Minus the "aki" part. After attending the game, Blake and I were attempting to cross the busy road there at 1300 south. Before hitting the crosswalk, Blake says "Geez this looks pretty scary," as cars are FLYING by. Then a nice gentleman in a truck stopped for us, as well as the cars on the opposite side of the crosswalk. Super I say, as we begin our careful journey across the road. Just as we pass the hood of the ever so patient truck, a car comes WHOOOOOOOOOOOSHING by going at least 45mph. If we had been one step farther, you all would be reading our obituary today. Not kidding. My hair flew up because of the wind from the car, Blake swung at the car trying to hit their window. It was maybe, well no definitely, the closest I have ever come to seeing my life flash before me. We were both shaky after and couldn't hardly talk! Then the nice gentleman in the truck said "I'll race up their and flip that guy off!" Which was nice. =)
I'm guessing it was probably some oblivious girls who had no idea anyone was even crossing, but all I can say today, is that I thank my lucky stars that Blake and I are still here! Stop for people in crosswalks friends, it's the right thing to do =)

4 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

WOW, glad you guys are still here to tell that story Em!
I had that same thing happen when I lived with your family..and I was crossing that HORRIBLE state street..I stepped out from a parked car and the wind of a passing car actually pushed me back...I KNOW what you mean when you see your life FLASH and about be DARN NEAR OVER!
I watch for people in crosswalks NOW like I am the MOST defensive driver out there...cause WE almost got hit in the darn things!
SAD thing here in Denver a lady and her 2 kids in a STROLLER (none the less) got killed in a crosswalk by 2 drunk guys after a Rockies game. Her poor husband lived...I wonder if that is a good thing sometimes-how HARD.
~Nat

Anonymous said...

That is so scarry. people drive like idiots!!! we are glad you are ok.

We most definetly need to go to the brick oven one night that is tylers favorite place.

Arin said...

People are so crazy these days! You have to be careful out there!!

Mandy said...

I'm glad they didn't harm your prescious locks of hair with their inconsiderate car driving! You NEED those....maybe you're like Sampson and you're strong as long as your hair is not cut...hmm, wicked idea......

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones