Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alot of People go to School for 8 Years. Yaaaah, they're called Doctors.

In case you were wondering, I was the equivalent to the young boy in the lower right-hand corner of the picture. With the fish lips and 3 chins.

Oh it's that time of year again, time to head back to sc-sc-schooooool. Blake was at UVU bright and early this morning, but he got to sleep in for an hour and half compared to the Kennecott days so he was pleased as punch. As for me, my classes begin this evening at 5:40 in the pm. Math 1050, that should be a peach. I hope i survive.
All this school talk has got me thinking about the good ole school days back when I was a young chap. Here are some of the most memorable memories. And ones that, unfortunately, I dont think I will ever forget:
1st grade: I wasn't fat, yet. I often rollerbladed around the neighborhood in a bikini. I'm hoping that trend will come back in the near future. Blake would look divine.
2nd grade: I ask my science teacher if he has ever seen Uranus. He quickly responds "We pronounce it Your-uh-nus," and never speaks directly to me for the remainder of the year.
3rd grade: Took a class field trip to the sewer. Fascinating, love watching poop run wild. I also played the part of the Princess in our class rendition of Rumpelstitskin. I wore a purple feathered dress, which I borrowed from Nicole Wicherley's mother. Something isnt right when an 8 year old fits into a 35 year old womans dress. You get the hint. I stole the show. Because no one else could be seen on stage behind my size 16 fashion fau paux.
4th grade: Ah yes, Mrs. Womble's class. I got paid to stay after class to correct papers and alphabetize her racy Navajo books. Our teacher had a thing for loin cloths. She also had a mustache, and a mole on her upper lip with a hair protruding from it. I'm sure it didnt seem weird at all that i was staying in from recess, and staying after class, to assist such a woman. Maybe thats why no one liked me. But hey, she paid me in chocolate cookie bars which was worth the pain. It's called emotional eating.
5th grade: I win some big award at Meadow Elementary in which I get a gold metal with a few other members of the school. I remember buying a flowered dress that i thought was the epitomy of couture. Then I cleverly added some white knee high nylons along with a dashing pair of pink jelly shoes. That picture still haunts me to this day. Aside from being 10 years old and appearing to be 9 months pregnant, the look was very becoming.
6th grade: Ah yes, very vivid memory of Field days. Ya know, the last day of school when each grade does a little song or dance to prove that they learned zero that entire year. Yah well our grade got the pleasure of square dancing. All I can say is I was the best dance partner there ever was. I was like riding a horse, just grab on to my giant love handles and lets do this. That's what I said to my dance partner, he didn't say a word. Just held on for dear life.
All I can say is thank heavens we grow up. And grow tall. If things would have kept up, you would have found me in the yearbook as "Most likely to eat a small family, without sweating."
Hope all of you going back to school have a super year! Let the fun begin =)

4 comments:

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

I HATED elementary school. So many nightmare memories to think about! AHHH! College isn't much better, and you have to pay for it, yuck. Good luck with math!

Mandy said...

Wow, school hasn't scarred you at all. Amazing you made it through unscathed....I too, have a horrendous past filled with ugly pictures...Like hair do's with "sides back" and side ponytails and braces and a massive underbite that would rival ANY bulldog I've ever seen!

The Buckingham Family said...

Good ole school...I can remember wearing ruffled shirts that buttoned up the side...you are probably too young to remember those GLORIOUS shirts.
And knickers...pants that went to your knees BUT not shorts USUALLY cord material! And then "THE" gunny sack (sp?) dresses...ohhh were you cool if you had one of those!
I even remember Mr. Barnes teaching 5th grade..JARED, your buddies Dad...he was GREAT at square ball!
Don't worry about grades...just PASS..we have learned that they just want to see the DIPLOMA! ; )
~Nat

Jenny , Matt,Jaxson and Logan Karr said...

Oh wow as you were describing those memories, it put AWESOME pictures in my mind of little elementary EM! That was hilarious! I hope school went well for you! You will do awesome!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones