Thursday, July 31, 2008

Upcoming Tennis Match!

Tonight is the night. Time for me to practice for my big tournament coming up. For those of you who dont know, which would be everyone because no one knows, I am playing in a tournament starting Aug 4th at Ivory Ridge Tennis Club in Highland/Lehi area. I'm not sure how this whole idea is going to pan out, being that i havent practiced nearly as much as i should have, but hey it will be fun nonetheless.
I was reflecting the other day on my previous tennis career, which started in 7th grade. I remember hearing over the intercom "All you brats who want to play tennis, come down to the commons area." Well that would be me. I slowly rolled out of my desk, and proceeded to roll my large self down the hall. There sat 15-20 determined kids, who would become my best friends over the next 5 years. Actually no, they would not. Half of them didnt know what tennis was, but wanted an excuse to skip class. Nonetheless i grabbed a flyer, took it home, and came back the next day with a signature from old daddy-o. Before i knew it, I was in my Warner Bros Tazmanian Devil Shorts, Knee high tommy Hilfiger socks, and a shirt that said "I am a walking fashion nightmare." Because i was. Little did i know how literally retarded i looked,until now, when i look back at the pictures and think "who in their right minds would let me go out in public like that."
Thanks Mom.
So that's where it all began, and look at where i am now. Fascinating. Why it's fascinating i'm not sure. This blog actually serves no purpose, I just really liked the picture above. And wish it were of me. Even though i am told daily that i look like Maria Sharapova.
Hope all of you are having a fabulous thursday. Orayvwah

3 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

Recently my kids (for the first time) were introduced to tennis. They finally resurfaced our courts at our community area.
SO we had to go to good ole Wal-Mart and get balls and raquets.
They FOUND that it was a lot harder than they thought! Hailey's arm was sore for a couple days. But given a little time...they may be able to hit the ball back to us!!!
GOOD luck at your games!
~Nat

Jared Pugh said...

Mutt did you say tennis match tonight with your dear brother? Sweet, I will give you the practice you need since I dont have to work today! Let me know the time and I will be happy to give you your first loss of the year!!

Mandy said...

Go Em! We all know how good I am at tennis so I won't even waste your time on the court! Ha ha ha!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones