Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our New Adventure...


Well Blake and I have just made a wonderful new purchase, this lovely diamondback response shown above! (not actual size). We have decided amidst the mess of these gas prices that a bike is the way to go for the daily commute. He has 10 miles to work, I have 16. I will be a hot mess once i get there, but hopefully it all works out and helps us save a lot on gas. We couldn't afford a scooter. Don't bring it up.

Actually we have recently decided to take up the sport of neighborhood bike riding. Blake seems to think we are going to climb various mountains, I am more realistic and know just how lovely that experience would end up. I get to take over his sweet bike from his mission, which is in superior shape thanks to the many blessings it received daily. (Minus the time it assisted Blake in kicking his British, American-hating companion, off of his bike and into a heap on the ground.)

Since Blake used to work at Sports Authority, we ended up getting a sweet deal on this lovely number, color is called Panic Red. Just a little FYI.

So keep your eyes open when you are out and about. Ya never know when you might spot a couple of Wildes. Doing the Wilde thing. On Bikes.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Panic Red. Sounds hot. At my work we just have colors like Screaming Yellow and Wine Invasion. I want that job.

The Buckingham Family said...

Oh no, first it is Em in a car that CANT stop at stop signs...now this girl on a bike who will think she OWNS the road....better get some good insurance Em! hee hee.
Make sure you send some pics of you in your helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and padded bike shorts.
Get a cute bell to warn people you are coming too!
~Nat

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

I love that you are going to ride a bike! Gas prices suck. I've thought about it too, but I would look like a mess after I got to work.

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

I'm a dork, and I"m really glad you were kidding!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones