Friday, July 18, 2008

Getting My Nails Diddd... or at least that was the plan.

So, shortly after my wedding I RiPpEd off my lovely fingernails and decided to be an upstanding wife who is helping to save money. The first month, not so bad. But oh how I am missing them now. I forgot how much dirt, and other lovely items, get so easily lodged under your real nails. I feel disgusting. And people ask to see my ring and I slowly hand them my hand in a fist and they look at me weird. Because that IS weird.
So midweek I decided, forget this.. im getting a nail appointment. I deserve it! And Blake's response was "Well if you get them you know what that means...." I was waiting for a response like "you're not helping our projector/home/lovesac/future life savings fund." Instead he said "You have to scratch my back." Easy enough I thought! But that my friends, was before the guilt set in.
Today I called and cancelled my appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:15. The appointment that I simply could not wait to go to. I just cant do it, I feel too guilty! Blake doesn't even cut his hair anymore in attempt to save money... or at least thats what i keep telling myself.
Back to the subject... the nails will have to wait. I had a great idea in mind, see below, but maybe this is a sign that there is more to my idea. More items to be added. Until then, don't be weirded out if I run into you, and when you attempt to shake my hand, I stretch forth my arthritic looking fist of fury.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I hur ya! Since your wedding, when I also got my nails did...my fingernails are so soft that I can't even peel the those tabs off cookie bags or scratch off a scab or anything! I say quit being responsible and let's go together.

The Buckingham Family said...

Em,
Girl...its OK...there are some GREAT "Lee Press on Nails" on aisle 12 that look mighty nice on!
(Since I have NEVER had fake nails on...I guess I am a LOSER ;) but I am proud to say I DID NOT resort to Lee Press On's!) Just paint them a pretty shade of pink and call it good. :)
~Nat

Anonymous said...

You are a great wife to sacrafice such things like getting your nails done. I know how you feel though if mine are not done I just don't feel very pretty, but luckly i can do mine myself so it doesn't cost as much.

Mandy said...

I hate you. You totally foiled my bad Monday. Guess we'll have to play on Thursday then!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones