Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day Weekend woooooo!

Hello friends, it's a wonderful Tuesday morning after an even more wonderful Labor Day Weekend. I took my first Physiology quiz on Saturday and got a 9 out of 10, which I was pretty stoked about. I finally understand all the gossip about the Physiology teacher teaching one thing, and asking something completely different on quizzes/tests. Luckily I pulled through it with a 90%. I just hope this luck stays with me for the next 3 months. Walmart better keep stocked up on flash cards my friends, cuz I'm gonna have a boat load! Saturday we also went to Brick Oven with Blake's parents. It was fun to spend time with them, as always. Then we all ventured off to the mall to attempt to find me some hot new winter boots, no such luck. But we did get to go to Sniagrab at Sports Authority (Blake's old place of employment.) All the guys who are still working there were pretty excited to see Buck Wilde back in the building =) We decided for the evening festivities to go to a Bees game, but we drove past the stadium and saw a bazilllllion people there and decided no thanks (fireworks again, how do they afford firework night so often?!). So we headed up Emigration Canyon and went to our favorite dining spot, Ruth's Diner. It was a great night, got a little chilly near the end of dinner, but still super. Here's a pic of us there.... awwwww.
Sunday we spent most of the day doing Blake's accounting homework, so fun! But we got it all done, and we both learned some new things, so hey, we can't complain too much right? Sunday evening we went over to Jen and Matt's for a night of fun. My parents were out of town all weekend so we threw a rager with Jen/Matt/Ty/Tonya and kiddies. Monday, Blake and I woke up and decided it was time to go play some tennis. We headed over to Riverton High and noticed all of the courts were being used except for one. The other courts were filled with boys anywhere from the age of 12-15 I would say. I asked them if they were the highschool boys team and they said no so we took the last court and commenced to playing. After about 20 minutes of play, I got looking around and realized all these boys were fighting like brothers, and their tennis attire involved jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a belt & hat, and all the same shoes. If you know me, I am obsessed with spotting Polygamists. And let me tell you, my polyg-a-dar was sounding. Before we knew it, another big van came to the courts and dropped of 10 more little boys that looked to be anywhere from 7-10. And again, they were all dressed the same and knew each other by name. Before long a couple of the boys started fighting and one of them ran out to the van, I figured a Mom must be in there watching or something. Two minutes later the little boy came out and yelled "Daddy says to be nice to me!" Before I could say Bubble bangs, out walked Daddy-o in his full tennis attire. And let me just tell you, I have never felt so sick in my life. He was staring at us with his nasty comb-over and I knew it was time to go. I didn't want Big Papa realizing that I could be his next wife/tennis coach. So we got the H out of there. Here is a picture for your enjoyment, I hope he didn't see me snapping pictures, but I just had to. It's not everyday that you get to play tennis amongst the Polygamists. Nawmean? That's him on the left. Amongst his 30 chilluns (that means children, I speak Polyg). The funniest part of the whole thing, what must have went through that kids mind when I asked if they were the higschool tennis team. Whoops! Game on!

After the exciting tennis match, we ventured home and got all of our Barbee-Q stuff ready. Then we met Jen and Matt, and Ty and Tonya at Daybreak lakes. We had an awesome afternoon of lounging and eating in 75 mile per hour winds. Here are some pics from our afternoon of sun and wind. PS. Don't mind all the nice tattoos some of us are sporting, Jenny made a delectible purchase of $1 temporary tattoos and I'm afraid just about every one of them ended up on Jax. Oooops.

Oh, here is Jax finishing his 4th diet coke. chug chug chug! Good times.
Last night we decided to go walk around The District to kill some time and we found ourselves at our favorite spot, good old Target. They had a nice portable Weber BBQ on clearance so we purchased it, FYI it's called the Weber Q-100. And don't you forget it. Our other little BBQ has served us well, but we decided to upgrade since we BBQ so often. Next time we are BBQ-n in a windstorm, the Weber will prevail. Here is a pic of Blake with his exciting new purchase, and below is a pic of me trying to hide my excitement. Wooo!!!
Well hope you all have a great week my friends!

I love buying BBQ's!

1 comment:

Chotz said...

nice! we need a new BBQer too! Do they have lots on sale? We should head over to target......immediately!
Glad you had a fun weekend and good job on your test!
the word verification below is....
bootio
that means you have a nice bootio

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones