Friday, January 30, 2009

Fish On.

The other day Blake and I were driving back from one of our many trips to UVU, as he began talking about how he really needs to "get to the mountains and just fish." He goes through these emotional outbreaks sometimes, and they overhwelm him. For instance today I got a text that said "I'm stuck in traffic, just another ant headed to the ant hill." To put it nicely.. Blake hates "the city" as he calls it. But back to the Fish story, so after his rant about missing the mountains, I thought for a minute and asked the following question: "So Blake, can you tell me exactly what it is that you love about ice fishing?" Because in my mind it makes no sense. Fishing is meant for warm summer days, water up to the waste, and your wife in the car listening to music. However he caught me off guard when he said this, very seriously might I add: "Em, every time that pole starts to move in that little hole, it's like Christmas. You just can't hold in the excitement." He is so cute.

I then thought for a minute trying to relate... "Ohhhhh I get it now. Yah I feel like that every time I get done using the bathroom."

The rest of the ride was silent.

4 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

Alan feels the same way about hiking. It lets him blow off stress that he can't do in any other way.
I find a good spa does the same to me..."I feel pretty, oh so pretty!"
~Nat
PS-"What if you" that is a sad song I am listening to right now.

Chotz said...

That's what she said.

Mandy said...

Guess you'll have to come try it some time you big baby.....yes, I said and meant BIG BABY. Hoo-rah! Out.

Jared Pugh said...

Oh tell me about it!!!!! I would pretty much give any of my possesions for a day out on the water, ice, stream, river, ocean, lake, ditch, puddle, fish aquarium, to catch a fish! And I can definitly relate with Buck on his stance of "just being another ant on the way to the ant hill!"

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones