Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tweaking.


This week I had a vision to start a new workout regimen. The idea came to me on Saturday morning, when I actually attempted a workout for the first time since, oh my wedding, lets say. I pulled out my various workout videos before getting started....
Marie Windsor Pilates...check.
Yoga Booty Ballet (by two very strange women who I think like each other)...check.
Jillian Michaels workout: frontside and backside duo....check.

Oh there it was, under all the dust I pulled out my trusty Slim in 6 Weeks Video Set. Let's see, three choices of workouts: we've got Start it up, Ramp it up, and Burn it up (also knows as shut the "explicit word" up. Or at least that's what I say out loud when I'm doing it.) So I pulled on my yoga pants that fit real snug-like to the derrier, put on a bra to keep my jubblies in, and proceeded to sport my Lehi Roundup 5k shirt, that is anything but lucky. I think I took 400th out of 300 people in that race, if that's even possible. I then completed the Start It Up portion, which is a 25 minute course. After doing this workout, I believe I passed out. I then proceeded to have a dream about my Nutrition class that I took last semester. In that dream my teacher stated that it's very important to customize your diet and workout plan to your own needs.

I have since realized that this program of mine needed some tweaking. I have changed the Slim in 6 weeks regimen, to a Slim in 6 Years regimen. I am going to workout every 6 months, and if I feel the need to tighten up, I'll stop eating chocolate donuts and german sausage.

So Cheers to all of you in your New Years Resolutions.

Oh, one more thing... Shutup Richard.

3 comments:

The Simmons' said...

All I can say is amen!!

Chotz said...

I am on a strict diet and work out plan right now and ...... I'm starving and sore!!!!
Don't do it, it's all an evil scheme!

The Buckingham Family said...

I keep seeing that dang workout wagon..but I seem to let it roll right on by.
Maybe one day I will get on..or SHOULD get on : )
GOOD luck!
~Nat

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones