Thursday, January 15, 2009

Micro-Bio Lab Part 1

Last night I had my first visit to Microbiology Lab. After the big spill about what to do if we eat any bacteria, cut off any important limbs, or start on fire (the teacher pleasantly asked that we do our best to only have one person on fire at a time, since there is only one fire blanket... we obliged), our teacher then informed us of the dreaded Week #9. The class went silent.

What could he possibly be referring to? We had already been told about E.Coli, Salmonella, and all the other wonderful bacterium we would be dealing with. And we were happy to hear that since the beginning of time, no one has ever died from this particular class. But after hearing about Lab #9, I was hoping I would become the first fatality.

If any of you have ever seen the movie "Out Cold" then you will understand my visual. If you have not seen this movie, I suggest you rent it so that we can all be on the same page.
4 words, urine specimen with flair.

It's going to be a BYOFM party. Week #9.
And that stands for Bring Your Own Fecal Matter.

Let the fun begin.

8 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

HOLY CRAP!
ick....is all I can say! This is NEW to the college experiences I had.
Hope you don't have the runs..LOL
~Nat

Mandy said...

Wow, at least you know you should be the star student of week #9, though. I bet you put all the other students to shame. Carpe Diem. Seize the Carp.

Chotz said...

EWWW! are you serious? that is so so so sick. how embarrassing and stinky. that class room is going to have a heavenly aroma. good luck poopy pants!

KoOie said...

SHUT UP!!! you really have to do that? You should eat the nastiest thing you can the night before, just to spice things up:)te he

Anonymous said...

OH yuck. and Wow. I can't believe they are asking you to do that! Good luck...and I DON'T want to hear about it! Just be happy knowing everyone else is also just as embarassed as you are to be carrying their own shtuff with them. I hope you don't have to carry it around for too long. eesh. I feel for ya.

Raquel said...

Wow that sounds like tonz of fun! But thanks for the comment on my blog. Right now I have the canon 5D but I started with the Rebel. So I would for sure say that the new Rebel XSI is a GREAT choice for starting out. I loved mine. Good luck, it's so much fun!

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

When I did Micro I was lucky to be working at the resthome where we had plenty of samples.I would be willing to donate you a dirty diaper of Rylee's for scientific purposes.

Sheila said...

Emily! Yes, your Mother told me about your blog. She told me I had to read it. She was right. Your blog brightens my boring day. I can always count on a chuckle when you have posted a new blog. So, get posting! Plus I get to see what your Mom is up to. It's good to hear from you!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones