Thursday, January 8, 2009

School Supplies. Yum.

It seems like I just posted my Back to Skool blog about my terrible school memories that are forever lodged in my brain....and yet here we are, another fresh start of a new semester. Last night my dear husband drove me clear to UVU after work (in West Valley) for my Microbiology Lab. Only to find a lovely note on the door explaining that class will start next week. Thank you to my professor for considering those of us who travel from afar. I love paying for gas. And also thanks for ruining my excitement of having fresh new school supplies that I ever so patiently assembled during my travels. Ever since I was young I have had this obsession with buying paper. And pencils. And any other supplies I could talk my Mom, now husband, into letting me buy. Call me crazy, but it really makes my day. My husband even text me yesterday and said "Tell me what you need for school and I'll run to Wal Mart and pick it up for you." My response? "Don't you dare, that's the best part of the semester." I don't know where this obsession came from, but I hope it never leaves me. Because a week from now, when I am tempted to light my eyelids on fire from all the excessive studying I am doing, I will still have that fresh new eraser atop an ever so shiny pencil that continues to give me a glimmer of hope amidst the dark halls of UVU.
So cheers to all of you embarking on this new semester. May we all get A's and eat at the UVU salad bar every day.
Ps. Thank you to UVU for finally putting carpet in the Diesel Mechanics building. Maybe now I can finally get rid of the memory of walking down this particular hall during my freshman year. 3 inch heels and tile don't mix. The best part was looking up from my 6'4 laid out frame only to find every guy in the diesel mechanics room staring at me through their shop window.

4 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

Hailey is the same way with school supplies! She has to have all the cute folders, glittery pens, etc etc.
Then during the summer she reorganizes all of her stash about 400 times...just to take another gander at it all! LOL

You two would be dangerous in the school supply aisles!

~Nat

Mandy said...

Did you buy a pencil box too? Or atleast one of those zipper pouches that hooks in your binder to keep all your pencils pristine? And what about one of those cool erasers that used to look like a mechanical pencil that you could retract and they smelled good? ha ha ha!

Jared Pugh said...

HAHAHA! I know people that were in that Diesel class when you did the infamous belly flop! I wish I could have been there to see it! Thats what happens when you are 6'10" and were 8" skyjackers! Good luck in school mutt! p.s. how bout some country music instead of this jiggaboo fuff daddy crap for your blog theme song!

Chotz said...

haha. good times. i hope you got a pink trapper keeper! Good luck in school my friend.

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones