Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Signed up wooooo.

So it's official, today I signed Blake and I up for the big Rodeo Days 5k which is this Saturday morning. It's sort of tradition now. The first year Keisha drug me to it pretty much unwillingly. Then last year Blake and I, along with Jen and Mandy, ran it once again. I figure 20 bucks for a sweet rodeo days shirt, and a little torture, who doesn't want to sign up for that? I have been running quite a bit lately, thanks to my wonderful work schedule, so at least I feel somewhat prepared. The last 2 years I have woke up the morning of and said, sure why not. Popped a candy bar in my mouth on the way to the Legacy Center and off I went. But hey, just because I have somewhat prepared this year, doesn't mean I'm going to run it any faster people. I don't run fast. The lengthy 5 feet 11 inches of me doesn't have a fast speed. It's more of a make-it-to-the-end-without-dying speed. That's as far as I go. As long as I beat a few choice people from highschool, names will be withheld for my sake, I'm a happy camper. ;) So pictures to come my friends. For those of you who don't know, Lehi Rodeo Days are the bomb.com. We have tons of family around for it, and who doesn't like to eat 12 rodeo hamburgers every year. In one sitting. That's also a tradition, among the real men of course, who can eat the most burgers without barfing. Anywho, for any of you attending the rodeo days events, I'll see ya there! And for the rest of you, enjoy your boring mundane lives.


And remember folks...

Just because you are running a 5k doesnt mean you need to wear nut huggers.

4 comments:

Arin said...

You go girl...GOOD LUCK!!

Chotz said...

haha good luck in your race! i hope you win. we're hittin the rodeo up on sat night. what night you goin? i love roundup week. :)
GOOD LUCK!
p.s.
the verification word below is
'sterblax'. it's the new type of spandex and you should wear it on sat morning. YAY!

The Simmons' said...

I know that you will at least be beating one person you went to high school with... I hope that we can wear our matching spandex outfits!! I can't wait to see you and your dominance!

Mandy said...

DANG! That is THE EXACT outfit I just bought to run the 5K. Thought it might suck in the muffin top, control the jello jigglers and keep the knockers tightly fastened. Guess I'll just wear a t-shirt now....

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones