Monday, June 29, 2009

Rodeo Weekend Bliss

So we made it through another awesome week of Rodeo Days, next to Christmas it's definitely my favorite time of year! As you saw on my last post, we attended the big BBQ in the park earlier in the week, and then Saturday we all woke up bright and early to run the annual Rodeo Days 5k. Blake and I beat our time by 4 minutes this year so I was pretty excited about that. Blake could have smoked me truth be told, but he insisted on staying by my side. Guess that's what a good husband does =) I told him if he wanted we could hold hands the whole way, but he said no. Dangit. So after the big race we all went home and gussied up for the big parade. I swear it gets longer and longer every year. But it was fun to see everyone at the Gordon's house, it's always the same old crew there! After a nice long nap and a little bit of shopping, we all headed out to the big Saturday night rodeo. No rodeo queens fell off their horses so that was a little disappointing, and not one cowboy stayed on a bull for 8 seconds, but other than that it was the usual party. See below for all our pics! We ended the big weekend with an awesome BBQ at my Uncle Steve and Aunt Sandy's, it's been a long time since all of us have been together so it was great to relax and enjoy each others company!



Here's the 5k party! Saturday Night Rodeo!Jen and I had a photo shoot at the Rodeo,
we call this one seductive. This is the botox face. The I need to use the bathroom face.After all the Saturday festivities, we ended the fun filled weekend with an awesome BBQ at the Pugh's! We had a great time eating burgers and dogs, and making smores for dessert. It was great to visit with everyone and relax in some finally decent weather!


The End!

4 comments:

Chotz said...

nice! looks fun!

Jeana said...

too bad we didn't run into each other! you look like a serious hottie pants in your running attire :) lets get together soon! SERIOUSLY!

Chotz said...

hey,
i know this might be a bit creepy, but you and your hubby were in my dream last night. haha. we all went out to dinner. its a sign!!!

Just Rawlings Along said...

Holy crap your pics make us want to come up there sooooo bad! Maybe next year!!!!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones