Monday, March 23, 2009

Back from Heaven....














We finally returned from our big adventure! We had a great time, and did so much all in just 4 days. We started the vacation off with a little hiking in St. George, hence the big crack pictures. Blake is inside that crack and I was taking pictures from the top! Too scary for me! Then we played some tennis with the 3 yayhoos pictured above, Dylan, Jaden and Morgan. It was a great time, and so nice to finally get some sun! Afterwards we hit the town with Landy and Suzette. I didnt get a picture, what the heck. But we went to Pizza Factory and to TJ Maxx, Woo love it! Landon found a beautiful shimmery pink wallet that he wanted to buy but luckily we talked him out of it =)

Thursday we headed out to Vegas for a night, where we enjoyed walking and walking and walking all over the place. I have the blisters to prove it. =) We had the bright idea to get an all day pass to the Nascar rollercoaster so we road that 4 or 5 times, I think Blake screamed louder than me. Definitely. =) Thanks to a local, we found a great hidden sushi spot called Sushi Mon, we ate their Thursday night and then woke up bright and early to hit the Outlets in Vegas! Where Blake got a bunch of treats, including the Sham Wow as advertised on TV. Haha I on the other hand, found nothing. So pathetic.

Then we whizzed back to St. George, got some great Mexican food at Pancho and Lefty's and headed out to a surprise that I had planned for Blake. We went to Tuacahn and saw "The Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith." You can read more about it on their website http://www.nasvhilletributeband.com/. It's a great cd that we both love so I thought it would be a fun surprise and a nice way to repent for all of our shenanigans in Vegas. Just kidding. But it ended up being soooo AMAZING! It was funny because Blake kept trying to guess who we were seeing. He started with Gary Allen, then Tim Mgraw, then perhaps Offspring. For awhile he was positive it was Kalai. Then he started to notice that it was all old people pulling up to park, I said to him "Notice all the old people here?" haha I could tell he was getting worried. Then he changed his mind and thought for sure we were going to see George Jones and said "My Dad is going to be sooooo jealous!" I just kept laughing. Finally I handed him the brochure as we walked in, we both agreed it was one of the best concerts we have been to! Don't make fun of us.

We just want to thank the Rawlings for letting us stay there and for making us amazing Cafe Rio! We sure love you guys and had a great time with you! Even you Landy. =)

4 comments:

Chotz said...

that sounds like you had so much fun! YAY! you needed a good vacation with all your schooling and work. i love the pics.

Mandy said...

YOu have just planned my anniversary for me...thanks. Ha ha ha! I didn't even know there WAS a Nashville tribute to Joseph! I'm assuming Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat? I could be way off here. Anyway, I think Jare will really, really love it. If not, I'm blaming you.

KinsRae said...

Fun- I am jealous you got a vacation.

Arin said...

Looks like too much fun..you have made me realize..I need a vacation..Brock will love ya for it!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones