Monday, November 17, 2008

The Results.

Well my husband made it back in one piece after a wonderful day of fishing on Saturday. He said his biggest fish was 22 inches and 2.5 lbs. I guess that is big, I really wouldn't know due to my lack of fish knowledge. However, there are 3 things that I learned about fishing following Blake's trip.
1st thing: It doesn't matter how many times your husband washes his hands, they will continue to smell like fish for the remainder of the weekend. And he will insist on rubbing his fingers across your top lip as much as possible.
2nd thing: A Rapala is not a famous African-American drag queen. It's a lure. Full of fish-catching trickery.
3rd thing: You don't necessarily need fishing line in your pole to have a good time. Blake used to work at an Assistance home for handicapped adults. He would conveniently take one of the autistic guys fishing everyday. Blake would fish ALL DAY LONG, and let his little friend fish too. However, Blake would fail to put fishing line in this gentleman's pole. The guy would cast out his line, real it in, over and over again. "Got any fish yet?" Blake would ask.
I'll never look at my husband quite the same.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Brings a tear to my eye....I'm glad he didn't hook himself. After yesterdays dinner convo about who has hooked themselves the worst, I thought surely Blake would follow with a nasty story from Saturday. But nope. Just good convo I guess....

P.S. my word verification is "womit." Kinda like vomit, but not.

Anonymous said...

Sweet fish Blake! Looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

not sure why it said lisa & amp, but our comment was from lisa & tristan!

Anonymous said...

I think for me fishing with a line or without brings about the same results. Abso-frickin-lutely nothing! Some fishermen have it, some fisherwoman wannabe's don't. What can ya do. Nice catch, Blake.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - Love your quote of the week.

Julie said...

That might be one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones