Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Antibiotics on the Brain

Let's just say that this week has been a week of frustration. My second Microbio test is quickly approaching, this Friday or Saturday to be exact, and my flash card making strategy is just not cutting it this go-round. I have 250 flashcards for this test, which is even more than my last test. And for some strange reason I had convinced myself that this test was going to be a smidge easier. Not so. I can't keep all these antibiotics straight. I can hardly pronounce half of them let alone know what they mean. And for every antibiotic I have to know what it blocks, what it prevents, what mechanism of action it takes, examples, side affects.... you get the picture. I have 3 days to memorize the crap out of this stuff, because as luck would have it, our tests are the lovely fill in the blank. Heaven help me, until then I'm going to take a large dose of the following.
I hear it's great for the cuticles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAMNITOL. Can I get some of that? I have a hairy math test coming up. hahaha. Emily - you sure know how to make me laugh.

The Buckingham Family said...

LOL, that was very funny!
Associate them to something funny and I bet you will get them in NO time flat. : )
GOOD luck, that sounds incredibly tough...but I WANT you as my nurse when you graduate! You will be the smartest nurse there!!
~Nat

Jared Pugh said...

Haha isn't that a sister drug to screwitol? They both have the same side effects I hear! Good luck on the test Mutt you'll do great!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones