Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's called the "This is not a Diet" Diet.

And I'm starting it today. But it's not a diet, I assure you. It's more of a "don't eat crap anymore k?" type of deal. Last night Blake's mom called me for some good treat ideas that you can eat while trying to follow a low-carb diet (think South Beach). She knows my mom, sister, and I have always been into the watch your carbs idea. Well let's just say since the holidays, I have fallen off the wagon. But her calling me, reminded me that I need to get back on this lovely wagon. Summer is quickly approaching and heaven knows that I'm not ready for it. So today's the day.
But I can't call it a diet or I won't do it. The human mind is a crazy thing, isn't it?

So... if any of you see me devouring something that looks carb-like, call me on it. So that I feel extremely embarrassed and hypocritical. I will then stop immediately and hand it over.
So day 1 begins, I'll keep you posted.
I think I smell fresh bagels. Oy.

5 comments:

The Buckingham Family said...

Alan and I did South Beach awhile ago and our "special" treat was licking peanut butter off a spoon.
That and pudding in little graham cracker crusts were our treats...they were cute in the little tins.
GOOD LUCK! We're watching...alwayssss watching! ; )
~Nat

Chotz said...

Amen sister! I can't be on a diet or I won't do it. I needed a little something to kick me in gear... just book a trip to Hawaii and you'll get moving. :) Seriously though, you are so skinny and don't even think about going on a diet, or you'll become anorexic. MMMM I smell JCW's across the way, wanna meet? haha

Just Rawlings Along said...

Dude I am so in that same boat...But I'm not going to diet either (seriously if I think I'm on a diet i can't do it...Weird). So yes...Eating better and excercise has got to be my new thing...the holidays are brutal:( So Em...you are my motivation now...We'll work together.
Love ya tonz...we do miss you guys. By the way I am soooooo jealous of you right now...you are at the hospital looking at Nessa and Chad's new baby girl while I sit hear listening to Garrett taunting Nixon and Nixon screaming and my dad watching the history channel...ya this blows. Oh well...have fun and hopefully we will see you soon!
Love ya
Love Suz

Arin said...

Oh diets...you gotta love them! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

are you ever going to be happy with the way you look? You are one of the most gorgeous people I know and you have such a hot little body!!!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones