Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Melt Down.


It has been well over 3 days. The cold sore is still here. I ripped it off about 5 minutes ago and it continues to drip down my lip. Sorry for those who suffer from a weak stomach. But this picture perfectly depicts how I feel right now. It takes me back to the week before my wedding. I am sitting here in this same chair, with 6 cold sores, and a forehead full of dead skin from a recent sun burn. Someone asks me how I'm coping. Due to the fact that I look like a burn victim, I say nothing, run to the nearest restroom, and throw myself onto the floor in a very clean stall. That's how I like to remember sitting on a bathroom floor, it was very clean. I then continue to cry for the next 35 minutes. I don't think I'm at that point yet, my husband is stuck with me now so that's a large relief. However, we are having a luncheon today to decorate our work christmas tree. I brought chicken salad, which is normally delighftul, but my fear is that no one will want to eat something that came from a cold sore infested employee. I hope they don't judge me. I wore a plastic bag over my face while I prepared it. I swear.

My hope is the cold sore is on it's way out thanks to L-Lysine tablets and plastic bags. Let us pray that this is the last cold sore of the long winter that still lies ahead. One can hope.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You look awesome. I still love you. And I would eat your salad....maybe.

The Buckingham Family said...

Now you see...I wouldn't touch your salad-you herpes infected person!
I would opt for someone else's food that was prepared with dirty hands or a filthy kitchen filled with cat hair or something : ) Enjoy your potluck!
~Nat

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones