Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone!!! We had an amazing break for Christmas, it was so nice having 4 days off with Blake for once. It's been a long time since that has happened! This year we were able to venture to Price before Christmas day which was really fun. We ate lots of good food at the Wilde home, and opened lots of presents together. It was fun spending time with everyone and we couldn't believe the nice weather we had all weekend. I was wishing for some snow though!

On Christmas Eve, Blake and I ventured off to Red Robin at the District, and then we went and saw "True Grit." It was pretty entertaining, more so than I thought and of course Blake loved it so that was good =) After the movie we attempted to drive around to see some lights, but the fog was not going to let that happen! So we went home, turned on Christmas Vacation and frosted lots of sugar cookies..... Blake loved that part.

Christmas day was spent eating, eating, and more eating, and of course opening a bunch of really nice presents. Blake spoiled me with a new camera, a new purse, some cd's/dvds, clothes, and lots of other goodies. He did too much! And I gave him some new tools, yankees attire (of course), a new Yankees wallet, a hummingbird feeder, a new ice fishing auger, and a few games/cds. We were also really excited to get a new popcorn machine for our downstairs, and an old fashion ice cream maker as well! Those will be nice additions to our new pad =) Party on I say!


It's always fun to get so many nice presents, and like every other year I felt overwhelmed at how much my family and I are really blessed with. This year was a great reminder for me of what Christmas should be about. Not the presents, or how much money is spent, but a time to celebrate the birth of our Savior and remember him. It really hit me hard this year that the best part of Christmas is spending time with family and thinking of our Savior who made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. The presents, they are always nice, but I hope that next year I can try to focus more on what's important in life and do something to show my Savior how grateful I am for him.Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

ChotZ said...

Merry Christmas! Cute purse. I love that popcorn maker.

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones