Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Fiesta

This weekend we had lots of fun things to look forward to... which was a nice change since our Summer has started off a bit slow due to crap weather!!
Sorry I had a moment.
On Friday, my work hooked us up with Cirque De Soleil tickets, so we headed off to the E Center for a rockin' good time. It wasn't quite the massive production that I have heard Vegas puts on, but it was still AMAZING to see. The contortionists and flying/flipping jumper stick guys were unbelieveable, and definitely my favorite part of the show. They didn't allow cameras inside so I got zero pictures, but just believe me, it was spectaculaaaah.
After the big show Blake and I went to our favorite new dining spot, The Thai House. There is one located on Lehi Main Street, but we just found out that a 2nd location opened up on 123rd right off I-15. So we headed there and had the delicious curry that we have grown to looooove. FYI if you go there, order the Massaman Curry and the Pineapple Curry and share it. Mmmm delicioso and tons of food! We always have enough leftovers for another meal, which works out nicely.
Saturday Blake took off to Flaming Gorge for a day of fishing with his friend Adam. Adam was concerned that their pictures may not "make our blog" so this is for you Adam. They are such manly bulging men aren't they?
I think they like to hold hands on occasion, just sayin'.

While Blake spent his time in a freezing cold river, I spent my day getting waffles downtown with the fam and shopping around Gateway. The weather held out quite nicely, it sprinkled on occasion but didn't downpour like we anticipated. After Gateway my parents took me on quite the journey to the Harley Davidson store, Paradise Bakery for Lunch, Southtown Mall for more shopping, and finally to Costco. Where we watched my Dad taste test everything in sight. It ended up being a super fun day, and even though I missed Blake it was fun to hang out with the parentals like old times!

Today it is snowing. That's all that really needs to be said. What a nice surprise on a Monday. Tonight I am hoping to get my mullet chopped, and Blake is starting his P90X nonsense. So as I always say...... let the fun begin!

No comments:

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones