Friday, May 7, 2010

Top uh the Marnin to Yuh.

So tonight Blake and I are attending the Flogging Molly Concert at the Venue in Salt Lake. Blake loves this band and he quite conveniently won tickets to their concert off of X96 radio. I am the lucky one who gets to go with him, I know one of their songs. It's from PS I Love You, obviously.
To make it more fun, we got a call last night from a gentleman from X96, telling us that we got put in for a drawing for backstage passes, and much to my nonamazement, Blake won.
He wins everything.
I'm not just saying that to be nice, he really wins EVERYTHING.
So now I get to play it (un)cool while we meet the band. Pretty sure I have lots of things I can chit chat with them about. My Mom mentioned that I could tell them I have an Aunt named Molly, good point Mom. I also thought I could maybe show them my goiter.
I could also tell them about catheters, share a strong drink with them, ask if I can see under their kilt, tell them I'm a Mormon.
It's gonna be a party, let's just leave it at that.
So let the fun begin!
PS. I have never been to "In the Venue" which is downtown. I just read a review on it, it stated something to the effect of "no crowd control, dont come here unless you want to get your face bashed in during the mosh." Totally my scene. Let us pray that I don't pass out......cuz thats what happened at the last concert I went to. Remember? I lost my left shoe, still bugged about it.

1 comment:

Chotz said...

HAHAHAH oh dear. Good luck tonight Em! Don't flog too many Molly's.
p.s. I never win anything. :(

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones