Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eat Me.

The other night Blake and I were watching Man Vs. Wild with Bear Grylls, again. This show has Blake's heart. And I don't mind the show all that much, but the eating parts seriously make me ill. Bear was stuck in an amazon marshland of some sort, and sure enough within 10 minutes of the episode starting he found himself a gigantic frog the size of a small child and insisted on eating it. Eating isn't the right word, he was chomping on it like it was a freakin' Big Mac. He peeled the skin off of it, pulled it inside out, squoze it like it was a Gogurt, and chomped. I almost threw up, plus it made me angry inside. But it led to the following conversation between Blake and I, which I believe is a very important conversation for couples to have.

Emily: "Is it legal to eat people if they are already dead."
Long Pause........
Blake: "Yah I guess, as long as they are dead and you weren't the one who killed them."
Emily: "Do you think you could eat a dead person?"
Blake: "I guess as long as they were already dead and I absolutely had to."
Emily: "So could you eat me?"
Blake: "Huh?"
Emily: "If I had already died and you needed to eat me to stay alive, could you do it?"
Blake: "No Em, I wouldn't do that."
Emily: "Well I think you should know that if our car gets stuck somewhere or we are hiking and no one can find us, and I'm dead, you can eat me."
Long Pause........
Blake: says nothing, just laughs awkwardly.
Emily: "No really Blake, you have my permission to eat me if you ever need to."
Then we watched the rest of Man vs. Wild in silence. And Blake never did reciprocate that promise.

Very interesting indeed. I take it all back.

4 comments:

Shayli & Kenyon said...

IM DYYYIING right nwo you are so funny! haha i miss you..still. HAHAHAH

♥tori. said...

Dirty bird:)

Kyle and Shanalee said...

my hubby has a man crush on Bear Grylls. Serious. Did you see the episode when he gave himself an enema? GROSS! He was on Conan last night talking about it, HYSTERICAL!!

Chotz said...

HAHAHA Em, you made me laugh out loud at work!! And believe me, that is a feat that has been undefeated in a while. Thank you for posting! You're hilarious!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones