Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Story-Telling Tuesdays

Today is a blah day.
No exciting news. Well actually, I have tons of exciting news but no camera cord to transfer the proof (pictures) to my computer. Which brings me to my next thought. It is my duty to share my weekend with you, regardless of having zero pictures. I will do my best to lyrically wow you with enticing words and inviting imagery. Pictures will just have to come later. And after this post, you may not even need pictures. Prepare to be wow-ed.
We had a fantesticle 4th of July weekend. Thursday night we began our festivities with Blake's birthday dinner at Brick Oven. As always the Brick Oven delivered it's goodness. Then redelivered it Friday morning, two or three times. We lost count.
Friday night we ventured out to my Great Grandpa's cabin in West Canyon, where we dined on delectable burgers and all-beef hot dogs. Gourmet chips, dips, and family beer pong were among the highlights of the night.
Saturday, Blake and I had a hot date planned. We started off at Ruth's Diner where we engorged ourselves in biscuits & homemade raspberry jam and a plethora of breakfast items. Like toast. As we ate amongst the trees in Emigration Canyon, we admired all of the hairy tree huggers in our midst, enjoying their tofu quiche.
We then decided what great weather for a trip to the Zoo. With our bellies greatly engorged, we found ourselves taking pictures of Rocky Mountain Sheep balls. Blake was enthralled with how large and saggy they were. I wasn't sure how to take this enthrallment, as I found it equally disgusting and not so much enthralling. After the intense train ride that lasted almost 18 seconds, we decided it was time to part with mother nature for the day.
Our next adventure involved hitting up the Wal Mart downtown, where we found all of the hurricane Katrina Survivors and their new shiny offspring. That was intense, a word that I never understood completely until now.
Nearing the end of our day we decided that a Bees Game with some bedazzling fireworks was on the menu. It was only 5:30pm however, we had an hour to kill. Thankfully Gateway was just a hop, skip, and a jump away. There we found ourselves watching the water fountain children and enjoying a nice sit. We both were amazed at how every little boy enjoyed sitting on the highest pressure water stream. Interesting indeed.
And finally we found ourselves seated on our cozy blanket watching the Bees get killed, again. But hey we got to share a greasy piece of pizza together and enjoy a dysfunctional family the whole night. True story.... The mom was large and had long finger nails, and was so rude to her 8-9ish year old daughter that I wanted to scream. Luckily the girl had enough character that she didnt put up with it. If any of you have seen the movie Lady and the Tramp you will surely know the "weee are siamese if you pleeeease bump-bump-bump-bump" song. Well this little girl decided to sing at the top of her lungs "B----I----T----C----H If you pleaaaaaaaase." I thought her Mom's face was going to implode. I turned around and gave her a wink and a high five.
So that was our weekend, I hope you enjoyed my story-telling.
And hey, we have a whole new weekend already planned, filled with camping, 4-wheeling, and boating so stay tuned. Pictures may never be needed again with the tasty vocabulary I have acquired over the years.
Happy Tuesday My dears.
And really, stay away from the Wal-Mart downtown. It will be better for all of us.

2 comments:

Chotz said...

HAHA you kill me!!
I am glad those hot dogs were ALL beef..... and I'm glad you didn't turn around and kick that fat mean lady's a$$. Because then I would have to come visit you in jail. :(
Glad you had a great 4th!

Mandy said...

Totally! I hear pregnancy is contagious at that Walmart....got to repopulate N'Awlins ya hear!

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones