Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clinical - Day 1

This morning I woke at 3am to the sound of an imaginary alarm clock going off. I jumped out of bed, grabbed my phone from the dresser, and yelled to Blake "Oh no I'm really late!!!!!" Blake gently reminded me that it was 3am, I was out of my mind, and to get back in bed. I wasn't supposed to be up until 4:15, and just like on Christmas Eve, I woke up every hour after dreaming I was late. I normally don't wake up at the butt crack of dawn, however this morning was special because I had my very first clinical for Nursing. It was at Orem Rehab and Nursing, which was fun because it is part long-term care, part rehabilitation center. I arrived at the facility at 5:30am, a half an hour early, because I knew I needed to mentally prepare myself for the day ahead of me. Much to my amazement (and after my dang nerves finally subsided), I am now sitting at work after a busy morning, and although I feel like I got hit by a school bus from waking up so dang early, I am quite pleased with how the morning went. There were lots of new sights, and a bunch of new smells, but more importantly I found out that this new career I'm pursuing is going to be pretty dang fulfilling. I really can't wait for what's to come =)
I wasn't going to mention this, but I did receive a new nickname today from one of my patients.... "Queen Sweet Angel." I think it definitely fits, am I rrrright? ahaha. I shall only answer to this name from here on out.
"Serving others need not come from spectacular events. Often it is the simple daily acts that gives comfort, uplifts, encourages, sustains, and brings smiles to others."--Elder Michael J. The of the Seventy

No comments:

PONG-A-RIFIC

Emily's Blog full of Newsssssss. Woo.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones